January 3, 2023 is the opening day of the 2023 session of the Minnesota Legislature. The Minnesota PTA Board of Directors approved our 2023 Legislative and Policy Agenda at our December Board meeting. Minnesota PTA will use this document to guide which issues and legislation Minnesota PTA will focus on during this session
Minnesota PTA will actively promote and support legislation and policy that :
- Provides public schools with adequate and stable funding to help students recover from missed learning and address ongoing emotional and mental health challenges.
- Provides public schools with support to implement intentional family engagement strategies and increased resources to address the needs of and opportunities for students and families historically underserved in our schools.
- Supports inclusive, safe, and high-quality public schools, where all students can gain the knowledge and skills to prepare them for lifelong opportunities and success.
How can you stay connected to Minnesota PTA advocacy efforts?
- Minnesota PTA uses “Voter Voice” to inform our members on Minnesota legislative issues and provides a quick way for members to connect and communicate with your state legislators. You can sign up to automatically receive advocacy messages here https://www.votervoice.net/MNPTA/Register
- Watch for Legislative Action Alerts on Minnesota PTA social media and website and share with your networks. Connect with @Minnesota PTA on Facebook, Twitter and www.mnpta.org.
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org