2018 Minnesota PTA Convention & Expo
April 14, 2018 (More details, times and information coming soon)
The annual Minnesota PTA Convention & Expo is an essential gathering for our local PTA units, leaders in education, and a growing support network, all which have the health, education and very best welfare of our many Minnesota children in mind.
During our convention time you will be able to:
- Network with other local PTA members to share ideas and get answers to all of your questions.
- Learn about National PTA programs.
- Get questions about advocacy answered.
- Learn more about what you need to write and update your bylaws.
- Hear more about the essential building blocks that a PTA can use to support your schools.
- Listen to guest speakers talk about children’s health and education.
- Learn how diversity and inclusion can help your PTA and school grow.
- Find out how our Outreach Chairperson can help your PTA.
- Take with you an abundance of tips & tricks you’ve learned that can be applied as soon as you head home.
We touch on the topics that are important to you and provide you with the resources you need to tackle every issue.
(Have a topic of interest for our upcoming convention? Send your ideas, questions, or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org)
“What do I need to know? I’ve never attended a state PTA convention.”
- Arrive at registration time to check in and get your goodie bag.
- The convention starts in the morning hours with open vendor tables to visit, along with a light breakfast and beverages.
- The official convention is called to order with some quick official business and then we are underway.
- Educators and professionals share their knowledge and we do a few fun activities along the way.
- Lunch is on us!
- Spend some time on table topics, and network with your different State PTA members.
- By the end of the day, your goodie bag is full, you’re brimming with ideas, and ready to tackle anything!
- Bring your ideas, questions, and a friend or two, and enjoy a day learning how to better support your school and your child’s future.
“What do I wear?” – Dress code is casual, but expect to meet lots of new people.
“Do I need to bring a beverage or snacks?” – We provide a selection of foods and drinks throughout the day. Unless you have special dietary restrictions, let us treat you and provide a light breakfast and catered lunch.
“Should I bring anything else?” – Bring a pen and paper if you want to write down some of the great ideas you’ll hear about. Business cards are great for networking with other PTA’s and leaving your information with exhibitors. Bring an open mind and absorb some new ideas. Bring your ideas and questions to share. Don’t forget to bring a friend!
“Why does convention start so early?” – Our day begins in the morning with registration and time to take in the great stuff in our Expo in the halls. We have lots to do and with members traveling from all over Minnesota, we try to accommodate travel time home for those coming from Duluth or other far corners of the state.
“If I stay overnight, where is the best place to lodge?” – We will make a hotel recommendation as our time draws closer.
If you have a question you would like answered about convention, please email it to email@example.com
More details on this year’s annual convention are coming soon! Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook for quick and easy updates.