The Minnesota PTA 2021 Virtual Convention
Dates: Thursday, April 15 @6:00 – 9:00pm :: Friday, April 16 @6:00 – 7:30pm :: Saturday, April 17 @9:00am – 12:00pm
Convention Program: coming soon
Special Guest Speakers: pending confirmation
Location: ZOOM from comfort of your home!
Scholarship Opportunities! If your PTA is from a Title I school, is from a district with less than 1,000 students, is less than three years old, or has suffered a pandemic related hardship…consider applying for a full scholarship to attend convention! Details and application can be found here:
Applications due Wednesday, March 17, 2020 @4:30pm
The annual Minnesota PTA Virtual Convention is an essential gathering for our local PTA units, leaders in education, and a growing support network, all which have the health, education and very best welfare of our many Minnesota children in mind.
During our convention time you will be able to:
- Network with other local PTA members to share ideas.
- Learn about National PTA programs.
- Get questions about advocacy answered.
- Take workshops to excel your abilities and knowledge.
- Listen to amazing guest speakers that will ignite your passion for supporting education.
- Get some great tips on communicating more effectively with parents and school staff.
- Take with you an abundance of tips & tricks you’ve learned that can be applied as soon as you head home.
We touch on the topics that are important to you and provide you with the resources you need to tackle every issue.
(Have a topic of interest for our upcoming convention? Send your ideas, questions, or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org)
“What do I need to know? I’ve never attended a state PTA convention.”
- This year, login from the comfort of your home. We will be using Zoom as a platform.
- Attend one, two, or all three days. Each one will be unique!
- Enjoy engaging speakers, participate in educational workshops, and meet other PTA leaders across the state.
- Manage the governance of Minnesota PTA: elect new officers, approve or deny proposed bylaws amendments, and review finance reports.
“What does the registration fee cover?” – Your registration fee goes to cover the many services and support that Minnesota PTA provides during convention and the rest of the year. Registration cost can be covered by allocating PTA funds in your group for board members and is considered “appropriate use of funds” for the training, networking, and resources you gain by attending the annual convention. Parent Teacher Organization’s are not considered PTA members and must pay the non-member price but are welcome to attend. The fee includes technology, swag bags mailed to your home, and support for volunteer work. The experience gained far exceeds the investment.
Limited scholarships are available for certain members. Applications due Wednesday, March 17, 2020 at 4:30pm.
“Should I bring anything?” – Bring a pen and paper if you want to write down some of the great ideas you’ll hear about. Bring an open mind and absorb some new ideas. Bring your ideas and questions to share. Don’t forget to invite a friend!
If you have a question you would like answered about convention, please email it to email@example.com
More details on this year’s annual convention are coming soon! Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook for quick and easy updates.