The 2020 Minnesota PTA Leadership Training and Resource Convention
Date: CANCELLED – new date TBD
Special Guest Speakers:
Special Notes: We will be in touch with new information as we know it. The below links are no longer live, but will stay on the website for future use.
Scholarship Opportunities! If your PTA is from a Title I school, is located outside the seven county metro area, or is less than three years old…consider applying for a partial or full scholarship to attend convention! Details and application can be found here:
Applications due Tuesday, March 17, 2020 @4:30pm
Attendees can bring a friend for free when you take advantage of our Buy-2-Get-1-Free special!
The annual Minnesota PTA Leadership Training & Resource Convention is an essential gathering for our local PTA units, leaders in education, and a growing support network, all which have the health, education and very best welfare of our many Minnesota children in mind.
During our convention time you will be able to:
- Network with other local PTA members to share ideas.
- Learn about National PTA programs.
- Get questions about advocacy answered.
- Take workshops to excel your abilities and knowledge.
- Listen to amazing guest speakers that will ignite your passion for supporting education.
- Get some great tips on communicating more effectively with parents and school staff.
- Take with you an abundance of tips & tricks you’ve learned that can be applied as soon as you head home.
We touch on the topics that are important to you and provide you with the resources you need to tackle every issue.
(Have a topic of interest for our upcoming convention? Send your ideas, questions, or comments to MNPTA@mnpta.org)
“What do I need to know? I’ve never attended a state PTA convention.”
- Arrive at registration time to check in and get your name tag, goody bag & bingo card!
- The convention starts in the morning hours with open vendor tables to visit, along with beverages.
- The official convention is called to order with some quick official business and then we are underway.
- Educators and professionals share their knowledge, and workshops provide a ton of training.
- Lunch is on us!
- Spend some time on table topics, and network with your different State PTA members.
- By the end of the day, your goody bag is full, you’re brimming with ideas, and ready to tackle anything!
- Bring your ideas, questions, and a friend or two, and enjoy a day learning how to better support your school and your child’s future.
“If I stay overnight, where is the best place to lodge?”
“What does the registration fee cover?” – Your registration fee goes to cover the many services and support that Minnesota PTA provides during convention and the rest of the year. Registration cost can be covered by allocating PTA funds in your group for board members and is considered “appropriate use of funds” for the training, networking, and resources you gain by attending the annual convention. Parent Teacher Organization’s are not considered PTA members and must pay the non-member price but are welcome to attend. The fee includes lunch, snacks and beverages. Attendees also get a swag bag and literature to take home. The experience gained far exceeds the investment.
Limited scholarships are available for certain members. *applications no longer available* Applications due Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 4:30pm.
“I’m a mom of an infant. Is there a place to tend to the needs of my baby?” – Yes, we will make sure there is a ‘Mothers Room” for nursing and child needs. Please see a MN PTA board member and they can direct you to the services you need.
“Can students or children come?” – Well of course! We are all about kids regardless of the age! Word of warning, younger children will not have much to do during this time and we are not able to provide child care. Students that are ready to engage in listening to lectures, and participating in the environment are welcome to come after registering online with the half-price student rate which covers fees for the lunch provided, the swag bag and other office fees and costs associated with the event.
“What do I wear?” – Dress code is casual, but expect to meet lots of new people.
“Do I need to bring a beverage or snacks?” – We provide a selection of foods and drinks throughout the day. We do try to account for gluten allergies in our buffet line, so unless you have other special dietary restrictions, let us treat you and provide a catered lunch.
“Should I bring anything else?” – Bring a pen and paper if you want to write down some of the great ideas you’ll hear about. Business cards are great for networking with other PTA’s and leaving your information with exhibitors. Bring an open mind and absorb some new ideas. Bring your ideas and questions to share. Don’t forget to bring a friend!
“Why does convention start so early?” – Our day begins in the morning with registration and time to take in the great stuff in our Expo in the halls. We have lots to do and with members traveling from all over Minnesota, we try to accommodate travel time home for those coming from Duluth or other far corners of the state.
If you have a question you would like answered about convention, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
More details on this year’s annual convention are coming soon! Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook for quick and easy updates.