Please call or email our office to schedule a one on one training session for Memberhub.
Need more opportunities? Schedule a webinar with Memberhub Direct!
Try joining a MemberHub webinar hosted daily by the professionals! Click Here to RSVP for a session.
Minnesota PTA is excited to announce that we have teamed up with MemberHub!
Memberhub, an online tool designed to help you run your PTA, will be provided to all local units, councils, and districts in your PTA free of charge!
MemberHub is valued at $1,200 per year for PTOs and other membership organizations, but because MemberHub & the State PTA want to further the PTA mission through technology, we’ve teamed up to provide MemberHub to you free of charge.
Why are we using MemberHub?
Many have asked why Minnesota PTA is asking all PTA’s in the state to utilize MemberHub. We want you to know that we understand how time consuming it is to administrate a non-profit. There are filings you have to submit and maintain on an annual basis in order to stay compliant with the state and federal laws. This goes for whether you are a PTA or an unaffiliated parent group.
In order to make this process easier and help your PTA stay compliant year after year, Minnesota PTA recognized that PTA’s needed a structured platform that would assist them in easily recognizing what was required, when it was required and where to send it. As our basic Items Of Good Standing are not changing, the method of how those are submitted to our office are. We ARE NOT requiring the use of the system past the submission of your Good Standing items, but there are many features you may want to utilize if you do not already have a like feature in place for your group.
The items currently required that we will be asking you to update through MemberHub are as follows:
Membership – DUE Dec. 1 – Membership purchased by each individual must be affixed to their name, and contact email or phone number. This allows each member their voting privilege at your local unit, and their rights as delegates at state and National PTA conventions, and state and National PTA benefits (this is not a new requirement, but one that we have not been able to enforce over the years due to a lack of processing ability). Dues can be hand entered into Memberhub for processing, or individuals can purchase membership directly from the system once your PTA has set up the memberships in your store front. Submission to the state will happen at most once a month, or as memberships are gained throughout the year. A detailed list of members is a federal requirement of all non-profit organizations.
Officer List – DUE Dec. 1 – An updated officer list is a basic federal requirement for oversight of a non-profit subsidiary. Officers should now be added to MemberHub directly using personal email addresses, and not organizational addresses (ex: my firstname.lastname@example.org). No paper forms are required to be mailed to our office if the MemberHub database is updated.
Standing Rules – DUE Dec. 1 – Standing rules were implemented in May of 2018. Standing rules only need to be submitted ONCE, and then again if any changes occur. You will be able to submit these files digitally through MemberHub, however, for 2019 we are still accepting these by email as well. This submission is a requirement of state and federal law.
990 Postcard – DUE Dec. 1 – You can now submit your digital copy of your postcard through MemberHub. Your PTA is required to file a 990 annually, and we ask you submit a copy of your 990 postcard to our office to ensure that we have the most current filing year for your organization. This allows us to support you if you should fall behind in your filing, and be sure we keep you exempt so you continue your good works. The state and federal government requires non-profits to submit taxes on a yearly basis.
So…what is MemberHub?
MemberHub is a tool that makes it easier to run the PTA — engaging families, raising funds, and staying in good standing. See how Lacy PTA used MemberHub!
Here are MemberHub’s most popular features:
- Get your own e-store. Sell PTA memberships (including custom and bundled memberships) and raise funds — all in your e-store.
- Raise more funds and keep them in your school. You get your own fundraising channel in MemberHub. It’s simple: Send PTA emails to your families, and local businesses sponsor the emails. Learn more.
- Engage families. MemberHub’s communication tools, calendars, signups, file-sharing, and directories help you keep families in the loop.
- Easily stay in good standing. Your free account automates dues remittance, membership reporting & state PTA compliance.
Popular help articles:
- MemberHub: Site Overview
- Login: Access your MemberHub Site
- Admin Console: Overview
- Import Contact Information
- Three steps to get started in your MemberHub store
- Sample communication to promote your school store to families
- Video overview of the MemberHub store
- How to let shoppers name their price in your MemberHub store
- How do I create donations in the MemberHub store?
- How do parents access our MemberHub store?
- How to set up categories in your store
- How to add items to your store
- How to set up memberships and create custom bundled/family memberships in your store
- How to change settings for processing fees
- How to pay your state dues in MemberHub
- How to Enter PTA Officers
- Fact sheet: Taking payments online through MemberHub
- How to complete your application to take payments online
- How to start sending weekly newsletters to all your school families
- How to use html newsletter templates in MemberHub