Start a PTA

Thank you for your interest in starting a PTA!

The process to get started is very simple.

  • Apply for an EIN with the IRS    –    Instructions for Application for EIN

We provide the 501(c)3 status, under our group exemption with the IRS. It is unnecessary to file IRS Form 1023 for our local units. We also offer universal bylaws and standing rules templates to be used for either a PTA or PTSA, which encourages a focus within the group and also helps things run smoothly. As always, the office manager and volunteers of the Minnesota PTA Board of Directors are available for advice, support and program ideas!

Call 651-999-7320 or email with any questions you may have.