Applications are now being accepted for the Class of 2019!
Scholarship Program Overview
In the spring of each year, Minnesota PTA awards three $1000 scholarships to high school seniors from PTA/PTSA schools, who are pursuing a degree in education at a Minnesota college or university (either 2-year or 4-year) in the fall. Upon receiving proof of acceptance to college, Minnesota PTA will issue a check to the school the recipient will be attending.
- Completed 4 page application
- 250 word typed essay discussing an education related topic that is of concern or interest to you
- Sealed copy of school transcript/statement from school
- Two letters of recommendation (1-school faculty of your choice and 1-other adult)
- Photo (optional – for Minnesota PTA website/newsletter/press release)
Eligibility -Applicant must:
- Have at least a 2.5 grade point average.
- Be a graduating senior attending a Minnesota Public High School where there is an active PTA in good standing with the MN PTA, or become a MN PTA individual member ($15).
- Be enrolling in a Minnesota public or private college or university.
- Be pursuing a degree program in Education.
- Complete the 4-page application and include two letters of recommendation and the sealed statement of eligibility and current transcripts.
- Give permission to use a photo and/or personal information from the application forms for publicity purposes if selected as a winner.
Please mail completed applications and necessary documents to:
Attn: Scholarship Chair
7800 Metro Parkway, Suite 300
Bloomington, MN. 55425
You can download an application below. The recipients are selected in April. Students from non-PTA schools are allowed to apply by joining the Minnesota PTA North Star Unit. For more information regarding scholarships, please email the office at MNPTA@mnpta.org.