Congratulations to the 2019 Minnesota PTA Scholarship Winners!
Andrea is a Senior at Mayo High School in Rochester, MN. She will be attending RTCT in the Fall.
Spencer Harrison is a Senior at Mayo High School in Rochester, MN. He will be attending University of Minnesota-Morris in the Fall.
Anneka is a Senior at Duluth East High School in Duluth, MN. She will be attending the University of Minnesota-Duluth in the Fall.
Scholarship Program Overview
In the spring of each year, Minnesota PTA awards three $1000 scholarships to high school seniors from PTA/PTSA schools, who are pursuing a degree in education at a Minnesota college or university (either 2-year or 4-year) in the fall. Upon receiving proof of acceptance to college, Minnesota PTA will issue a check to the school the recipient will be attending.
- Completed 4 page application
- 250 word typed essay discussing an education related topic that is of concern or interest to you
- Sealed copy of school transcript/statement from school
- Two letters of recommendation (1-school faculty of your choice and 1-other adult)
- Photo (optional – for Minnesota PTA website/newsletter/press release)
Eligibility -Applicant must:
- Have at least a 2.5 grade point average.
- Be a graduating senior attending a Minnesota Public High School where there is an active PTA in good standing with the MN PTA, or become a MN PTA individual member ($15).
- Be enrolling in a Minnesota public or private college or university.
- Be pursuing a degree program in Education.
- Complete the 4-page application and include two letters of recommendation and the sealed statement of eligibility and current transcripts.
- Give permission to use a photo and/or personal information from the application forms for publicity purposes if selected as a winner.
Please mail completed applications and necessary documents to:
Attn: Scholarship Chair
7800 Metro Parkway, Suite 300
Bloomington, MN. 55425
Applications are no longer available for this year.
Please check back in the fall.
You can download an application below. The recipients are selected in April. Students from non-PTA schools are allowed to apply by joining the Minnesota PTA North Star Unit. For more information regarding scholarships, please email the office at MNPTA@mnpta.org.